May 28, 2013

Random Tune for Tuesday 5/28/13

Well, this can't be a surprise.  I've been doing country the whole month of May.

And I knew I just had to do *this* song when I caught it when I was listening to a classic country station on the way to (or from) Michiana earlier in the month.

There's a really good chance I hadn't heard it in 30 years since it topped the charts in the summer of 1983 (thanks Wiki!) ... and there's also an even better of a chance that I had no idea, when I was eleven years old and singing along with the radio, that I was paying homage to a night of wonderful love-making that was probably a one-night stand between someone "afraid" and someone "so alone and blue".

Back then, I just knew it was a catchy tune.  Makes me wonder what modern songs the pre-teens are singing along with (just as ignorantly) nowadays.

THANK YOU FOR TAKING ME TO ...:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-F3V7Dx4Kew

No comments:

Post a Comment