May 14, 2013

Random Tune for Tuesday 5/14/13

Sometimes, I'm just a simple sap of a soul.

I was reminded of that again this weekend in the car playing an old country CD whose last track was today's tune.  [Note -- "old country" is a relative term, of course.  I don't mean as "old" as when Dolly always loved Porter, or as "old" as when Barbara was letting paramours eat crackers in her bed anytime, or even as "old" as when Chris Gaines loved Sandy and not Tricia -- but as "old" as when Ronnie and Kix were still a cute country couple.]

Anyway -- by the time he breaks down singing the final words trying to convince himself that things are, indeed, getting better all the time, there's almost always a tear running down my cheek (or a tear running down each cheek if the mood's right or I'm having trouble with my contacts, which, is, of course, what I would say if someone caught me with tear-on-cheek action).  Part of the reason that I'm tear-producing by the end, is that my heart breaks so early in the song when he admits, "I don't believe in magic any more."

Gets me every time.  I don't want to live in a world where we can't believe in magic any more.  Just sayin'.   Simple sap of a soul -- that's me.

'CAUSE GOD WON'T MAKE A MOUNTAIN I CAN'T CLIMB:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG0jsRgo8hE

No comments:

Post a Comment