May 13, 2013

Random Memorial for Monday 5/13/13

Gone but not forgotten:  my jacket of at least fifteen years.

It is with sadness in my heart that I came to realize the other day that I could no longer wear my flannel jacket.

It's not because kids were laughing at me (if they were, they did it behind my back).  It's not because someone told me it went out of style (actually, I think fifteen years is just about enough time for things to go all the way around again sartorially so that it would maybe be hip once more).

Nope -- there are now just too many holes for me to not be embarrassed (and I have a pretty high threshold when it comes to caring what others think about the way I look).

Oh sweet jacket of mine that saw me through so many adventures in so many places ... it's time to put you in a box in the front room (note -- this is how hoarding starts) so that you will not be missed (as much).

[Instead of my usual collection of companion links ... ]
[... here's the earliest picture of the jacket I could find from 1997.]
[RIP my friend, RIP.]


No comments:

Post a Comment