May 12, 2013

Random Scandal Sheet for Sunday 5/12/13

What Chicago (and everywhere else) is talking about this week:

Your momma!

I want to join in, but since I play fast and lose with the boundaries of "family" (why limit things to just blood relations, in my humble opinion), I gots me a list:

So Happy Mother's Day to BioMother Mary (who started it all), Dad'sWife3 Maryann (who wasn't around that long and who didn't really like BioMother Mary), "Aunt Catherine" (the lady who lived down the road from Dad'sWife#3 Maryann -- and who *did* like BioMother Mary and who made sure that we got to have our visitations), Dad'sWife#4 (she whom shall not be named), MrsK (Keesey -- the LHS version who watched over me in high school), MrsK (Kujovsky -- the LVC version who watched over me in college), Judy W (who guided me out of my darkest times and into my brightest ones), Laura W (who open-heartedly accepted me into her brood of boys), Joanne D (who I called my surrogate grandmother, but who belongs on this list for sure, even though she's passed), Dad'sWife#5 (whose name I forget and with whom I only interacted a handful of times), and Evelyne L (matriarch of my Indiana family).

All kidding aside -- except for a few obvious outliers in the list above, I've been blessed to have had strong independent women who have helped to shape me into the man I am today and who have modeled unconditional love like nobody's business.  And for that I am most grateful.

Happy Mother's Day to you and yours!

EVERY HOLIDAY NEEDS A MOVIE:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1434435/

SO APPARENTLY IT's A CIVIL WAR TRADITION?:
http://jezebel.com/here-s-your-primer-on-the-civil-war-history-of-mother-503489169

DISCLAIMER --THIS PICTURE WAS CHOSEN *BEFORE* THIS NEWS STORY
IT IS IN NO WAY MOCKING THESE SAD EVENTS (THOUGHTS GO TO THE INJURED):
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/05/12/18213691-dozen-injured-in-new-orleans-mothers-day-parade-shooting?lite


No comments:

Post a Comment