May 24, 2013

Random Flashback for Friday 5/24/13

So let me start by saying, that as I type this, House of Pain's "Jump Around" is playing on the cable music party channel (yep, I'm pre-gaming, as the kids would say, before getting my holiday drank on).  Which is certainly fitting for this photo from twenty years ago in Uniontown PA (the fourth of five of my "boys of summer '93" series this month to kick off the warmer months), as I'm sure we heard it just after it was released at this party.

The guy with me in the photo -- I'm not sure of his name any longer but I am sure that he was the foreign exchange student (from some Scandinavian country, clearly) who was graduating with the local high school senior class.  And I was at their parties because I had befriended a few of them at the place I was working.

This might have been taken at Jeff's house (see last week's pic) ... or maybe late night up at Ohiopyle ... or possibly out at the Dunbar watering hole (there will be pics of that later this year -- and again next year as part of a whole different story) ... but, if connected to a lie detector test, I would actually say that I think it was taken out at the trailer park at a party thrown by Yvonne and Barb (whom I believe are now both resting in peace).

P.S.  I still have that hat -- but I know better than to wear it.

P.P.S.  Looks like the red-solo-cup has been an essential part of bacchanalia for many many years.

No comments:

Post a Comment