April 23, 2013

Random Tune for Tuesday 4/23/13

Ok folks ... don't forget the first word that kicks off my posts. Because today is one of those really random days.

Sitting in the airport, I went looking for a tune to memorialize the end of my trip and I somehow stumbled on this one from Vic Chestnutt.  And thanks to the airport access to the interwebs, it sure seems that the song was written to memorialize a friend of the singer who moved to Florida and then committed suicide-by-nail-gun.

Truth be told, that's kind of the opposite sentiment to how I'm feeling today as this trip was pretty good all things considered.  This time, I'm leaving with absolutely no laments about Omar (see the Wordplay for Wednesday from 1.18.12).  I'm not rushing back to go to work (as I took more time off after the trip).  The only down side to everything was that I ran over a possum posthumously named Basho (you have to be my friend on Facebook to get that one -- as I was providing "exclusive content" there and giving updates about vacation in haiku format) and that I got in to my version of a twitter war with a loved one who disputed the number of syllables in Florida (I was insisting that the middle 'i' deserved a hash mark all its own -- and I was being told that it's kind of silent -- and it mattered, because, as I mentioned, haiku was involved)!

I am a rather simple child, but my enjoyment of the whole last few days can best be summed up in the delightful thing that happened at lunch on the way out of town, where I had ordered "today's pasta salad" as a side, and the type was unbeknownst to me at the time of the ordering -- and it arrived as bowtie pasta.  That's my favorite kind!  What luck!  All is well with my world!  [And I probably could have exhorted that in haiku form as well -- but I'm just too darn tired.]

And so I bid farewell, goodbye and adieu to ... Florida ...until we meet again ...

WARNING LYRICS INCLUDE ADULT LANGUAGE (& nails are a very literal reference):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8K0JgJCn3vs

 

No comments:

Post a Comment