April 22, 2013

Random Memorial for Monday 4/22/13

(Soon to be) gone but not forgotten:  my time this time in Florida.

As the first part of vacation starts to wrap (I don't go back to work until next Monday, but I go back to Chicago tomorrow), I pledge the following:

I will REDUCE the amount of cash in my pocket after one last night of drinking in the bars.  I will REUSE my joke of walking past people at the beach saying "so -- what lake is this again?" tomorrow morning when I stick my feet in the Atlantic Ocean one last time.  I will RECYCLE my memories of the scenes from Flight every time the plane experiences the slightest bit of turbulence on the ride home.  I will REPLENISH my body with fluids that are other than Guinness, Bud Light, Yuengling Lager, JagerBombs and Masturbating Mosquitoes (an oddly named but delicious signature shot I teach bar staff everywhere I go).  I will RESTORE my commitment to working on my new short story a few paragraphs at a time update-isode by update-isode upon returning back home since I stopped for this trip (creating my own version of a cliffhanger).

Sun and fun and 85 degrees, you will be missed -- at least until the next time next winter.

50 SHADES OF GREEN:
http://www.divinecaroline.com/life-etc/culture-causes/fifty-green-tips-earth-day-and-beyond

GET TIPS DAILY:
http://www.epa.gov/earthday/tips.htm

ONLY GOT TIME FOR 10 TIPS?:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/22/earth-day-tips-2013-green-eco-friendly-ideas_n_3133880.html?utm_hp_ref=green










No comments:

Post a Comment