April 24, 2013

Random Wordplay for Wednesday 4/24/13

Fantasy Reality Sports.

Used in a sentence:  "I'm one of those creative types who work best as idea people and I always have randomness percolating in the back of my mind (which never shuts down, and which I've learn to let run while I sleep like white noise, allowing me to wake up sometimes with the results of the subconscious brainstorming greeting me in the morning) -- and as crazy as all that sounds, it's led me to my latest 'brilliant' idea of creating Fantasy Reality Sports."

Do what you know, they say.  Being a book worm most of my life (and embracing that fact -- and owning it -- and being pleased by it ...), it's true that I just don't know the ins and outs of almost any sport to the level of detail that would be needed for me to participate in those fantasy teams that get created for various leagues.  But I do watch a lot of competition reality TV (and, as such, I apologize that the collage google images let me access appears to be a decade old) -- and I know there are others like me out there.

I may not have all the pieces mapped out yet -- but picture this:  coaches chosen from judges.  Cheftestants and worst cooks and up-and-coming singers and racers-around-the-world and apprentices and artisans of all kind (hairdressers!  tattoo artists!  special effects mavens!) drafted before the seasons started (that may be the hardest part -- alignment of the TV "seasons").  Team captains would have to be a celebrity or an "all-star".  And, for diversity and because I support inclusivity in "sports" of this kind -- special teams made up entirely of model-wannabees, drag queens racing with Ru, and bravo housewives.

There can be points for winning challenges and demerits for eliminations.  And we can cover all of the tried and true reality show tropes -- the meltdowns, the quittings, the times someone says "this is a competition -- I'm not here to make friends", the showmances, etc. etc. etc.  But there can only be one winner -- one meta winner.

So who's in for the inaugural season and who wants to help me figure this out?  And/or who thinks I should next tackle solving world peace?

THERE ISN'T A TAB YET FOR REALITY TV, BUT NOW I HAVE A DREAM:
http://www.fantasysports.com/

MAYBE THEY COULD CO-SPONSOR WITH ME?:
http://www.realitywantedawards.com/

OH THE TREASURE TROVE OF IDEAS:
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RealityTV


No comments:

Post a Comment