February 19, 2013

Random Tune for Tuesday 2/19/13

I think I heard this song again on the drive to or from Indianapolis for the Super-Bowl-weekend-one-year-late getaway (New Orleans -- here's to visiting you for the first time in Feb 2014!) ... and it made me recall that I have this ever-so-occasional series on this blog entitled "Country Music has the best ... lyrics ... ever".  (Plus -- that was the weekend that I broke my January beer-fast, so it was a fitting song on which to stumble.)

So -- why not add this to that ... a little "basic honky tonk anatomy ...

The drinkin' bone's connected to the party bone.
The party bone's connected to the stayin' out all night long.
And she won't think it's funny and I'll wind up all alone.
And the lonely bone's connected to the ... drinkin' bone!"

Cheers!  Prosit!  Salut!  Bottoms up!  Imeqatigiita*!

*The interwebs say that's relevant to Greenland.  I'm barely fighting the urge to make it tomorrow's wordplay for Wednesday!

NOT THE OFFICIAL VIDEO, SO WATCH IT BEFORE THEY TAKE IT AWAY:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wiHFpGfb88

No comments:

Post a Comment