February 19, 2013

Amazing Race Aside S22E1

It's back!

Well integrated product placement.  Phil's raised eyebrow.  Me missing Bonnie Hunt (can't she be a special correspondent or something?).  Couples replete with baked-in story lines.  Rule playing twists (wha-what?  Two express passes?).  And my weekly digression (this season, getting their own unique posts, instead of being shoe-horned into that which I say every day -- although I'll still keep the "aside" title for the sake of the archives.)

So we begin -- but with a new construct this year, patterned off of the emmy award winning host's first name ...

PITHIEST COMMENT OF THE NIGHT:  Something to the effect of ... "maybe this is what hell is like ... destroying and rebuilding sandcastles over and over again with the hot sun beating down on us on the beach ..."

HOW DO THEY DO THAT? BEHIND-THE-SCENES REQUEST:  Please tell me how it's possible for Chuck to "sky dive" without that hair of his not somehow wounding his tandem partner?

IMAGE I WON'T SOON FORGET:  A stray dog relieving himself on the sand castles that the racers had to dig through to find the prize.  Classic.

LET ME JUST SAY THIS:  So I know we've all just met, but I can't help walking away from this week's episode thinking of the word "BEARD".  And I'm looking at you Katie and Jessica, if you know what I mean.

[watch the season premiere here for a limited time:  http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/]



No comments:

Post a Comment