February 20, 2013

Random Wordplay for Wednesday 2/20/13

Cornballer Brother.

Used in a sentence:  "I don't have Netflix, which irks me most as I'm not sure when I'll get to consume Season 4 of Arrested Development -- but I hope and pray to all things holy (or all things holy that haven't abdicated) that Lindsay Bluth Funke (how does one execute an umlaut on this darn blog?) lands herself a paramour of color -- may I suggest RGIII -- who can then be referred to by Rob Parker (or any of his ilk) as a Cornballer Brother (which would be a literal reference to one of the family businesses and NOT at all racist)."

Mitchell Hurwitz -- if you didn't jump on that for season 4, please consider it as a plot line for whatever comes next.  And please tell me that something comes next for this family!  (And if you own the copyright to this image, I apologize for using it without your permission.  Google let me do it!)

[Note:  so why is that minority groups of all kinds further splinter themselves into factions to tear down each other within those smaller communities?  I get that to embrace uniqueness (which I fully support) means being self-aware of that which makes you different from others.  But to embrace humanity (which I also fully support) means being self-aware of all that makes you similar to others.  Maybe it's the balance of the two that leads to actualization?  Bet you didn't see that right turn coming in this post, did you?  Or is that more a left turn?  Or maybe a turn of no direction to avoid being affiliated with the far sides of the continuum that are slowly strangling our nation now that compromise is no longer associated with effective leadership?]

THIS ...:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2012/12/13/rob-parker-on-rgiiis-blackness/

PLUS THIS ...:
http://www.policymic.com/articles/23247/arrested-development-season-4-5-reasons-why-this-will-be-the-best-and-worst-season-yet

GIVES YOU A NEW TAKE ON THIS!:
http://arresteddevelopment.wikia.com/wiki/The_Cornballer


No comments:

Post a Comment