February 2, 2013

Random Soapbox for Saturday 2/2/13

I don't mean to go off on a rant here, but ...

... January -- you kind of sucked this year.

And not for the normal reason that any given January might suck (you know, like bad weather), but because of deaths in the family, and illnesses of loved ones that required multi-day stays in the hospital, and cancelled-at-the-last-minute vacations, and muted birthday celebrations, and fires in stockrooms, and losing my footings at work -- you know, things that just seemed to pile on as the January days progressed as if my name were Job.

So in the spirit of Groundhog Day (the movie more so than the national holiday), I'm getting/taking/forcing a do-over.  I've returned to the site of my pre-January fun (yep, back in Indy just like before the holidays), and I am bound and determined to get some mojo back.  Here's to a great long weekend in a great place to get away and to some much delayed birthday fun as I start what has to be a great February (or at least a month that is better than the month that preceded it).

What happened will have been a "month-us horribilis" and not an "annus horribilis", by my damn decree!

REMEMBER WHEN THE QUEEN HAD HER HORRBILIS ANNUS?:
http://www.royal.gov.uk/ImagesandBroadcasts/Historic%20speeches%20and%20broadcasts/Annushorribilisspeech24November1992.aspx

JANUARY SUCKS FOR OTHERS TOO:
http://januarysucks.blogspot.com/

JANUARY SUCKS FOR OTHER TOO (TWO):
http://runshamelessly.com/january-sucks/




No comments:

Post a Comment