February 24, 2013

Random Scandal Sheet for Sunday 2/24/13

What Chicago is talking about this week:

Oscar!

So the "other" Super Bowl is tonight -- also with cool commercials.  And the "unpredictable" Seth MacFarlane.  And maybe a bunch of Bonds, but a bit of Babs for sure.  And that dead-celebrity-popularity contest of folks-we've-lost-since-the-last-show that now also serves the purpose of making me feel super old since I now recognize between 80 and 90 percent of those who have passed.

I'll be watching -- despite the fact that I'm more a television guy than a movies guy.  Some of that is because I'm a hell of a messy popcorn eater -- hand to mouth, without much regard as to whether many pieces cascade down into my lap to be eaten later like a second course (the lap course).  Some of that is because of how I choose to spend my social dollars (and going to the movies nowadays requires a small loan, which I'm not willing to pursue).  Some of that is because I want to watch a movie personally and not communally (more than six people, and I'm too easily distracted by others who may not be as silent as I want them to be).

But most of that is because I get too attached.  Television allows me to see those characters to whom I grow close week after week (with months off to keep the relationship healthy) on a regular basis.  Movies draw me in and then spit me out 90-180 minutes later (or longer, depending on the auteur), with it being unclear as to whether I'll get to see them again in a sequel years later.  I don't want to be used and abandoned by movie folk.  I want the constant love and attention of TV people with whom I can regularly interact.

I think I may need to schedule an emergency session with a therapist, as I may be having a breakthrough.  So long as I'm back before the red carpet starts ...

TONIGHT's THE NIGHT:
http://oscar.go.com/

SOMETHING BOND IS BOUND TO HAPPEN TONIGHT:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/race/oscars-feature-james-bond-50th-408409

THE MUSCIAL STYLINGS OF MR. SETH MACFARLANE:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgPftqr1MxU




No comments:

Post a Comment