February 25, 2013

Random Memorial for Monday 2/25/13

Gone but not forgotten (I hope soon):  my winter weight.

OK -- I'm putting it out there, all Oprah/Secret style.

[Quick disclaimer -- that image is not of me weighing myself.  Furthermore, I would think that someone who weighs 519 lbs would have fatter feet.  Just sayin' ...]

My winter trip that was postponed from January to April is now confirmed -- which means I need to have a beach-ready body by mid April, in just over 50 days.  And now that my post-40-year-old body's metabolism has slowed to a crawl, and my relatively sedentary lifestyle (including the piece where I work from home handcuffed to a laptop all day) has continued unabated for more than two years, and my predilection for bacon and cheese on all of my edibles, I'm going to have to take action.

Here's the plan -- portion control, never more than one Coke in a day, desserts only on Sunday (fruit or yogurt allowed on other nights), no more homemade sweet tea/lemonade (made mostly of sugar added to more sugar with a touch of liquid to melt all that sugar), and dusting off those dumbbells that this dumbbell stores in the guest bedroom so that I use them more frequently than just when I'm headed out on the town.

If I can succeed in dumping 10 or 15 or 20 pounds in time for the laying-around-the-pool days ahead (and then keep them off), that added body baggage will not be missed.

PERHAPS I SHOULD BUY THESE (maybe ...)?:
http://portioncontrolplates.com/

OR SHOULD I BUY THESE? (not likely ...):
http://www.dietcoke.com/showyourheart/index.html

OR SHOULD I BUY THIS? (not yet! ...):
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/gastric-bypass/MY00825


No comments:

Post a Comment