February 26, 2013

Amazing Race Aside S22E2

So I'm still getting used to the new format, as you'll see since I can't choose just one thing to say in each of the new categories for this season of Amazing Race, but here we go ...

PITHIEST COMMENT OF THE NIGHT:  First, I thought it would be the announcement during the stilts competition that "I just love anything nimbly", and then I thought it would be the doc twins analysis of "we're struggling here", but "it's not an honesty competition" won out!  (Which, actually, just seems to be an updated version of "this is not best friend's race" from another reality show that hasn't yet won any Emmys.)

HOW DO THEY DO THAT? BEHIND-THE-SCENES REQUEST:  I wanted to know how they made the hockey player's teeth appear and disappear (but he was polite enough to show us on camera), so now I want to know how the producers sleep at night putting together a show where the Asian characters don't know how to drive, the African-American characters are afraid of the water, and the hillbilly character works at the Walmart.  Stereotype much?

IMAGE I WON'T SOON FORGET:  Not the blue water in a color that deserves its own name, nor the Panama Jack version of Phil, but it was the image of the shells lined up with the racers' names on them to pick up the Scuba gear with Bates and Anthony (the hockey boys) written in red blood -- I mean ink.  Really -- the hocksters are brothers named Anthony Bates (cue psycho music)!?

LET ME JUST SAY THIS:  Don't join the show if you are afraid of heights or the water, READ the clue in its entirety (maybe even twice for good measure) and tell me ... how does one know when one ruptures one's achilles heel?

[watch a video of achilles heel surgery here:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTEkQxmIGEQ ]

No comments:

Post a Comment