February 27, 2013

Random Wordplay for Wednesday 2/27/13

Shark Tank Misogyny.

Used in a sentence:  "J'accuse:  the somewhat popular ABC show is guilty of Shark Tank Misogyny!"

I know, I know.  It's only entertainment.  I shouldn't take it as anything other than that.  It's like watching the talking heads on the "news" channel.  No one really watches William O'Reilly for news analysis -- it's entertainment.  He's like the new more articulate Archie Bunker.  He's fun to watch to see how rude he can get to his own guests, and how he talks over everyone, and how artfully he can be racist and bigoted and offensive.  It's clear he's in on the joke -- Dennis Miller and Adam Corolla are regular contributors -- and they are comics.  It's entertainment.  Comedy.  Anyone who thinks otherwise is just a pinhead.

But I digress -- I almost forgot that it's Shark Tank I'm j'accus-ing.  I had to search google high and low to find a picture with all six Sharks in it.  And here's my problem.  The two female Sharks -- for some reason, they are not permitted to be on the same episode.  I get that there are only 5 chairs on the set.  But why must 4 of them be occupied by men each time.  Why can't the formula be 3 men + 2 women?  It's the third season -- surely, that combination was possible at some point.  I can only conclude -- Shark Tank Misogyny!

THEN THERE'S THIS PROBLEM:
http://www.inc.com/erik-sherman/shark-tank-vc-handshake-deal-fell-through.html

WATCH THE LATEST EPISODES (ALWAYS 4 MEN + 1 WOMAN) HERE:
http://abc.go.com/shows/shark-tank

THE SHOW ON WHICH IT IS BASED (ALSO LOOKS LIKE 4 MEN + 1 WOMAN):
http://www.cbc.ca/dragonsden/





No comments:

Post a Comment