January 17, 2013

Random Thought for Thursday 1/17/13

Hey -- I saw you looking at me and judging me today when I went to the bank and the grocery store and the post office comfortably attired in my lounge pants.

Look -- I work from home and this is my "uniform" and I was running errands on a break, and, most importantly, I was comfortable -- so there.

And lest you lump me in with those folks who wear pajamas in public, my lounge pants have pockets -- which is clearly a sartorial sign that they are not PJs (since you don't need stuff in your pockets when you snooze), so I don't belong in that classification.  (Besides, I sleep au naturale, so "wearing my pajamas in public" would take on a whole new misdemeanor of a meaning.)

For you geriatric folks who are proud of the fact that you used to dress up when you flew, sorry but my generation brought everyone comfort at all costs (or no costs, really, 'cause it's such a slacker choice of clothing, I admit).  Try it -- you might like it.  [Unless you're really geriatric, and then everyone will just assume you snuck away from the home, so there's an age limit to my suggestion ...]

IN LOUISIANA, THEY WANT TO BAN PJs IN PUBLIC:
http://www.nola.com/fashion/index.ssf/2012/01/the_unsightly_trend_of_wearing.html

IT's A TOPIC IN CHITOWN AS WELL:
http://www.yelp.com/topic/chicago-lounge-pants-in-public

OH WHEN WE WERE YOUNG AND FLIGHT WAS NEW ...:
http://articles.cnn.com/2012-05-25/travel/travel_nostalgia-travel_1_attendants-air-travel-airline-travel?_s=PM:TRAVEL

No comments:

Post a Comment