January 16, 2013

Random Wordplay for Wednesday 1/16/13

Supercilious Fraud Office.

Used in a sentence:  "I don't know why it tickled me so, but once I saw that Britain has a 'Serious Fraud Office', I immediately began to hope and pray that they also have a 'Supercilious Fraud Office'".

And since people of my generation are supposed to switch careers a few times in our lifetimes, I think I have a new vocational aspiration.  I'm drawn to it because I imagine that every day in the Supercilious Fraud Office plays out  like a Monty Python sketch, populated with assorted characters from those crazy half hour Britcoms on late night PBS -- Mrs Bucket (/boo-kay'/) and Mrs. Slocombe (and Mrs. Slocombe's pussy), and Rene Artois from 'Allo 'Allo (now there's a show I probably haven't seen for almost twenty years ...)

So I guess that's just something else to add to my list of things I'd like to write but haven't yet written ... for some time in the future before the future gives out on us ... and assuming that, as an Ami, I can capture British humor (maybe I can reach back into the collective consciousnesses of my mother's distant relatives,  as we're pretty sure that's where that side of the family originated).  Supercilious Fraud Office, here I come!

LISTEN VERY CAREFULLY, I SHALL SAY THIS ONLY ONCE:
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Series/AlloAllo

SURELY IF THERE IS THIS, THERE HAS TO BE THE OTHER, RIGHT?:
http://www.sfo.gov.uk/

THIS IS WHAT CAME UP WHEN I GOOGLE SEARCHED TODAY'S WORDPLAY:
http://www.examiner.com/article/smirking-shouting-supercilious-vice-president

No comments:

Post a Comment