January 18, 2013

Random Flashback for Friday 1/18/13

Holly, Hemlock and Mistletoe.

By all accounts, this is the very first of my mysterious murder quests (an audience participation series of full length plays that I started in 1993 when I split from my cousin's theater company and that I continued for a good bit of the 90's).

The place -- the Linden Hall mansion in Dawson PA (outside of Perryopolis, which was itself outside of Uniontown, which is where I was twenty years ago on a break from my undergrad studies at LVC to do some "theatre").

The people -- the super talented Darren L, Jacquelyn J and Greg B (from left to right), plus a fifth person who was not photographed as she was probably taking the photo.  By the time I was done, I had written nearly a dozen of these (most of them all taking place in the same town with characters that popped up throughout the series -- well, if they weren't one of the ones that was murdered, obviously) and performed them all over the place for all kinds of audiences.

But it all started here, in a beautiful mansion decorated for the holidays with these beautiful people.

Twenty years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment