January 26, 2013

Random Soapbox for Saturday 1/26/13

I don't mean to go off on a rant here, but ...

I will anyway.

[And I'll do it in a way I haven't done since October 2011.  Here is my seventh entry in the series:  Super-short sTROYies ...]

DRAMA AT THE DENNY's 
or
THIS CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT

(c):  I'd like the Sausage Super Slam, but can you make it a Bacon one instead?

waitress:  No, I'm sorry but the manager won't allow any substitutions.  He's kind of a jerk.

me:  Well, then I'd like to buy the side of bacon for .99, and if you'll swap it for the sausage when the food arrives, and then take those sausages and throw them at your boss and tell them that we win, I'll add extra dollar to your tip.

waitress:  I'm in!

[And ... scene.]

[Note:  this manager who will sacrifice customer satisfaction over a dollar is probably also the one who spelled the city in which is Denny's is located as Calument City instead of Calumet City.  Jerk.]

No comments:

Post a Comment