January 25, 2013

Random Flashback for Friday 1/25/13

These things I know for sure ...

*this is from a party
*this was taken 20 years ago in the winter of 1993
*I was newly 21 so the drinking was legit
*the Jodie Foster looking girl was someone with whom I worked at the Fright Farms Haunted House that fall
*I caught her by surprise when I took the photo
*CoorsLight was clearly the drink of choice, whether bottle or can (probably because of the price)

This is what I think I know ...

*I'm pretty sure her name was Cyndi
*I'm pretty sure the tupperware she's digging around in had product in it that also involved alcohol (a slushie maybe? frozen alcohol soaked fruit?)
*I'm pretty sure that this is not my Uniontown apartment as I first thought, but is probably someone's college living house at WVU in nearby Morgantown WV (where we used to go to party during those months, so long as the weather made it safe enough to drive down around the horrific turn on rt. 857 near the state line as, twenty years ago, the Mon-Fayette expressway did not extend all that way)

This is what I wish ...

*that I could go back there again (did I mention I'm 25 days sober today -- not by choice, just by happenstance)

No comments:

Post a Comment