December 10, 2012

Bonus Post: Thing 11

100 Things I've Always Wanted To Say But Never Did And Now Maybe Should Since The World Might Be Ending -->

Thing 11:

File this under great appreciation ... but if the world does end in 11 days as predicted by some, then I'm going to miss me a mess of Chuck Lorre shows on the TV.  And no ... this isn't a sympathy post in light of the string of bad publicity he's had on his shows over the years (and to bastardize a phrasing that hit the interwebs of late but without a Jim Jones-ish figure nodding his head next to me as I express MY opinion, let me just say -- if you are not already watching his work, you MUST start catching this f ... frivolity) -- nope, not sympathy but true fan appreciation for the Dharma and the Greg and the Charlie and the Walden and the Alan and the Jake and the Sheldon and the Leonard and the Mike and the Molly to whom I've been introduced these past few years  -- and for all of the other characters that populate his shows that are just too numerous to mention in a name-dropping fashion -- and for the creative personality that is on display in his vanity cards (note:  if the world lasts until Christmas despite what we've been told, that book of his would look might fine under my tree) -- and for the inside jokes that he manages to pepper in story lines across all of his comedic platforms -- and for the smile after smile after smile to which I can give him and his genius so much credit ... to laugh is to grow is to heal is to foster humanity is to all that is a Chuck Lorre creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment