November 17, 2012

Random Soapbox for Saturday 11/17/12

I don't mean to go off on a rant here, but ...

... at the risk of being gender-insensitive, I'm going to go out on a limb and strongly suggest that nutcrackers remain a profession for males.

Well not so much small-'n'-nutcrackers, as that could be anyone of any gender that chooses to bust a loved one's balls -- after all, who am I to judge.  And look -- I'm all for little girls growing up to do anything that little boys can do and I would love to see a female in the oval office (although, I'm not so fond of the Bachmanns of this world, so I would also love for said female to be slightly more moderate of political orientation than the aforementioned erstwhile presidential candidate).

It's just that, while scoping out the new downtown Chicago Target today (for those of you who don't know, Target is basically a Walmart for those who live in -- or who aspire to live in -- a slightly higher tax bracket), I was a little shocked to see these drag-queen-nutcrackers on the shelf.  Upon closer inspection, it appears that they were designed to be nutcracker angels (which, now that I see that phrase in print, sounds a little like a female biker gang), but they just seemed to be a little extra-painted with wigs and weaves that would be better seen on a Real Housewife as they mirrored the natural flat chested design of a big-'n'-Nutcracker.

And I'm not picking on drag queens either.  I'm just saying -- there's a time and a place.  And the nutcracker shelf ain't it.

THIS IS JUST THE TIP OF THE ICEBERG -- THERE'S A WHOLE COLLECTION:
http://www.target.com/p/nutcracker-collection/-/A-14169590

WHAT ONCE WAS CARSON'S IS NOW A TARGET:
http://www.suntimes.com/business/13970656-420/target-to-open-downtown-chicago-store-wednesday-in-old-carsons.html

WHILE SEARCHING FOR A POSITIVE DRAG QUEEN LINK, I FOUND THIS:
http://www.wimsblog.com/2009/10/mma-drag-queen-beatdown/

No comments:

Post a Comment