November 17, 2012

Bonus Post: Thing 34

100 Things I've Always Wanted To Say But Never Did And Now Maybe Should Since The World Might Be Ending -->

Thing 34:

File this under great appreciation ... but on the list of people I'll miss most if the world does end in 34 days (and don't worry -- if you're reading this, OF COURSE you're on that list somewhere), the group of people with whom I work every day will be pretty high up there.  Back in 2010, the company for which I work restructured and my full time job changed pretty drastically.  And let's face it -- the time we spend at work is the second biggest chunk of time in a week (after the category of sleeping -- and some weeks, that time chunk lags and the work time chunk slips into that number 1 spot) -- so it's key for your own well-being that you enjoy that time.  Even though I work from home, the team I'm on has found a way to stay virtually connected in such a way to make my work life extremely enjoyable.  I may have only met most of the folks once or twice in person, but I have come to admire their dedication,  respect their commitment, appreciate their insight and value their friendship.  The best part -- they make me smile every day (and since it's a virtual relationship -- that's evidenced by how many times I make use of my Skype emoticons as we interact throughout our work shifts).  So colleagues Iain M, Katie O, Kerrilee D, Kiley P, Nataliya D, Nicole S and Rebecca M -- you are all greatly appreciated -- by me!

No comments:

Post a Comment