November 30, 2012

Random Flashback for Friday 11/30/12

It's the holidays (as far as I'm concerned ... I'm getting the tree tonight and decorating this weekend)!

And this, true to the usual construct for these flashbacks, is a picture of ME -- well, ME from twenty years ago at a family gathering in 1992.  And look at me so skinny and with so much hair (and so accessorized -- is that a ring, a watch, a choker and a stud I see PLUS my very dirty backwards hat that I wore everywhere for awhile back then) ...

As with all of these photos, there's a story.  Remember that "family gathering"?  It was at my bio-dad's new place (I ran away in spring 1989 ... and by the holidays of 1992 he was divorced) -- which was at his just-became-his-ex-wife's ex-house in Fredericksburg (where she had previously lived with her first husband) and he was dating his just-became-his-ex-wife's previous old-boyfriend-the-preacher's ex-wife.  I think maybe spite was the gift he was giving that holiday season.

Regardless, it was a reason in that season for us to get together ... and there will be more pics in the weeks ahead ...



No comments:

Post a Comment