November 29, 2012

Bonus Post: Thing 22

100 Things I've Always Wanted To Say But Never Did And Now Maybe Should Since The World Might Be Ending -->

Thing 22:

File this under under "look ma, I went and got myself a career" ... but if the world is ending in 22 days, I should probably stop and thank those who have shaped my work life once I became an adult.  Throughout this series, I've been calling out those direct supervisors of mine with whom I've spent the most time over the course of my career as "company man" since early 2004, and tonight I thank the one who was my boss for most of the last two years.  Becki K guided me (and the special team I'm on that was created as part of our restructuring) through the joys (and challenges) of working from home (biggest joy -- I can do more for more people just through the power of the laptop and many many many web-based systems ... biggest challenge -- I am tempted to graze all day and have added double digit poundage now that my snacking habits have combined with a sedentary work day in front of said laptop).  She's one of those people for whom it is a pleasure to work because she has the skill to evaluate your strengths and to feed you projects that make you more successful because they match your talents ... while still finding ways to challenge you.  I've always been lucky in this job to have bosses who were also great people -- and I'm glad she continued that trend.  As of late, she's now my grand-boss (not to imply a generational divide, but to communicate the fact that she was recently promoted and went up a level), but at least I still get to interact with her from time to time.  Thanks Becki!


No comments:

Post a Comment