November 30, 2012

Bonus Post: Thing 21

100 Things I've Always Wanted To Say But Never Did And Now Maybe Should Since The World Might Be Ending -->

Thing 21:

File this under how you made my college experience the "bestest" ... but Jon M, you were indeed the "bestest" college roommate a guy could have.  And with only 21 days until the end of the world (and since this is your birthday and all), I'll pause for a quick minute and thank you first of all for being a multi-semester co-dorm-er (after all, I was on a run of single semester ones -- not my fault, just circumstance, right?) ... so you brought a bit of stability into my life back then.  Plus you introduced me to golf (Fred Couples, right?) and to country music (Reba and Garth both) ... and you were there the one and only time I ever consumed a boatload of SoCo that Thanksgiving break eve (and when I climbed all over the lobby and told everyone in German that I was going to "fly like in the Reebok commercials" -- and sorry about the morning after when I tried every 20 minutes for about 7 hours to rid my stomach of any bile it still had in it) ... and you provided the group of us some of the best mix tapes ever (FE213 Anthology pt 1 and 2 ... and yes, we're that old that cassettes were a method of communication back when we were in college) ... and you helped co-parent the illegal kitten Smokey  for quite a few months in the room at the end of the hall that we declared, by its position there, to be exempt from any rules and regulations.  As the kids nowadays say ... good times ... good times ... 

No comments:

Post a Comment