November 21, 2012

Bonus Post: Thing 30

100 Things I've Always Wanted To Say But Never Did And Now Maybe Should Since The World Might Be Ending -->

Thing 30:

File this under how I love my Indiana family ... but as I'm writing this somewhat retroactively (catching up on the posts that should have hit during the holiday while I was too busy eating and drinking and drinking and eating), it's fair to say that if the world's ending in just 30 days, then these past 48 hours were the last time that so many of us were all gathered together for holiday celebrations.  And no matter what else is going on -- sneaking away to South Bend/Mishawaka is always a break from the normal humdrum of day to day activity when I can look forward to getting involved in a game of Michigan Rummy or catching up on tractor tales or hanging by the pool (in weather-appropriate times) or heading out to the shooting range (just for a few times -- turns out I'm not such a good shot -- which I blame my glasses/contacts) or relaxing with a drink (let's face it -- it's rarely just one drink) with Walt and Dolly and Shirly and (now) Eddie and (newly returned to the area) Midge and (house hosts) Bill and Lisa and (recently married and family-d) Wally.  [And -- bonus for me -- there's such a good chance that I'll get to be around dogs or cats or rabbits or turtles or pheasants or frogs or whatever other animals might be the current family pet(s) of one kind or another.]  Troubles may come and go, words may be said in ways that only words-with-family (and that's a MUCH different game than words-with-friends) can be said ... but these are the folks that I'll want to have my back in the upcoming apocalypse.

No comments:

Post a Comment