November 24, 2012

Bonus Post: Thing 27

100 Things I've Always Wanted To Say But Never Did And Now Maybe Should Since The World Might Be Ending -->

Thing 27:

File this under great appreciation ... but if the world is ending in just 27 days, then it was awfully nice of Cherilyn Sarkisian to release a sneak peek of a song off her album due in 2013 for those of us who might not be around to enjoy it.  [Of course, let's face it -- everybody knows that she'll survive into the post-apocalyptic times as the famous quote goes ... so there's that.]  I've been a fan for years (with just a touch of a healthy obsession in collecting and consuming her creative output of all kinds) and I think it's about how she is so comfortable in her own skin to make a career out of constantly changing it (which seems paradoxical in and of itself and just makes me appreciate her more) to which I am most drawn.  It's the "tell it like it is" attitude and the ability to prove everybody wrong and to take the word "no" as a challenge to overcome -- it's all of that wrapped up in one that provides the inspiration for me.  And for that and so much more, I offer up my gratitude to Cher in the waning (allegedly) days of this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment