November 24, 2012

Random Soapbox for Saturday 11/24/12

I don't mean to go off on a rave here, but ...

... you must go now directly to your television (or your on demand menu provided by your cable provider or your internet based consumption model for entertainment) and find and watch episodes of Prank My Mom (hint:  it's on Lifetime -- which is not just for women any more).

Don't dismiss it as "just another candid camera" show -- it's reliably laugh out loud funny in almost every set-up.  Vivaca A Fox's breasts were brought in to host around episode three (I don't know if it's wardrobe or a skeevy camera man or just her endowment, but they seem to be prominently displayed in each of her intros).  Keep an eye out for the improv actor who almost always plays a cop, as he has the uncanny ability to turn up the absurdity of the situation to just this side of the line to being unbelievable.  And once you've watched, you'll have to see if you agree with me about the kids that sign up for the program to prank their mothers -- since they have to get moms who are disappointed enough in their children to not be totally unbelieving of the artificial scenarios, I'm pretty sure that they found the children in the waiting room of a methadone clinic.  But even so, that's what makes it so fun to watch.

Also fun to watch -- what was the BEST episode of one of the BEST shows on TV -- yep, it's time for my Amazing Race Aside (sorry so late -- I just watched it on the DVR what with the holiday) with three things I've learned from this past week's episode:

1.)  Thing ONE:  I already said it but it was the BEST resolution of a cliffhanger in that the longhaired lawyers still got to race (well for a little bit) and in that Abbie and Ryan got to prove their humanity by sticking with the pact to wait out the Beekman Boys' attempts at the synchronized swimming (and that the four hour penalty was applied next day).
2.)  Thing TWO:  I'm going to petition the company for which I work (which runs standardized practice test prep) to write into our test day scripts the Moscovian "Pencils down ... Next round ..." so long as it is yelled out in that thick accent at that exact decibel level.
3.)  Thing THREE:  Give the Ja(y)meses their own show already -- they are a hoot and a half!

YOU CAN WATCH THEM HERE:
http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/prank-my-mom

I KNOW ... I KNOW ... METHADONE CLINICS SHOULD NOT BE MOCKED:
http://www.codeinewithdrawal.com/find-a-methadone-clinic/

HAVE YOU MET THE JA(Y)MESES?:
http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/video/2273712974/the-amazing-race-meet-jaymes-james
 

No comments:

Post a Comment