October 17, 2012

Random Wordplay for Wednesday 10/17/12

"The Words With Friends Effect"

Used in a sentence:  "Check out the oh so accurate image I found by google search in the photo that describes The Words With Friends Effect."

Credit where credit's due -- I stumbled on that tonight -- it is not my own creation.

But, being an amateur statistician, I am pleased to report that, a few moments ago, I played (and won) my 100th game* -- and had my highest score ever (452).  I have to thank the 10 Friends with whom I regularly share words -- Andy P, Anna F, Chris L, Jandi G, Lissa S, Rich G, Sue D, Tracy W, Tricia H and Zach B.

*For my stats, games count if the person completes at least 2 with me without having resigned at any time (and tracking is subject to the occasional app glitch -- so far, just once, where I might have lost a week's worth of data).

By the way ... the highlights of my 100 games so far ...

I've won 46 of the 100.
I've played the most games with Chris L, with whom I also have the highest average score, followed by Rich G.
It's hardest for me to win against Tricia H, Zach B, Jandi G and Anna F (by percentage -- between 20 and 30)
It's especially hard for me to win versus Zach B, against whom I've never won by more than 21 points.
My highest point word score was 146 -- for ZANIES -- wielded against Rich G.
My best game was 452, just scored tonight!

Here's to 100 more games!

PERHAPS IT ORIGINATED HERE?:
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/exploringourmatrix/2012/09/the-words-with-friends-effect.html

COME JOIN THE "LEAGUE"!:
http://www.wordswithfriends.com/

THE DICTIONARY USED IS CALLED Enhanced North American Benchmark Lexicon (ENABLE):
http://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/7162/is-it-possible-to-see-the-dictionary-for-words-with-friends

No comments:

Post a Comment