October 16, 2012

Random Tune for Tuesday 10/16/12

Ok -- I give!

I've seen the ads ... I've walked through the stores and passed the Holiday decorations in front of the Halloween ones.  Mind you -- I'm not going to decorate until the second weekend in December as always, and the CDs and cassettes stay in storage until then as well -- but I'll randomly put up a Christmas tune in mid-October (particularly if it fits for something else I'm doing*).

And, playing devil's advocate (or actually, in light of the subject matter, maybe that should be Jesus' advocate), why not introduce the spirit of Christmas as early as possible?  I'm sure we can all use a little goodwill toward humanity right about now.

*By the way -- I have to tell the truth ... the Chipmunks popped into my head after watching one of my favorite Sunday night shows (no -- not The Walking Dead), and here's my Amazing Race Aside with three things I learned from last week's episode:

1.)  Thing ONE:  The Chipmunks team (as they were called last week) are actually kind of entertaining, even if they did make some stereotypical grinding moves when they were executing the traditional lion dance.
2.)  Thing TWO:  Egg frying (while balancing the apparatus on a head) is, inexplicably, a MAGIC trick in Indonesia (don't they have playing cards?).
3.)  Thing THREE:  There's a lot of screaming on this season -- the twinners who say they scream to relax, the big Texan who screams like a little girl when the whip cracks and those blonds who scream nasty things at their transport folks (which makes me NOT miss them now that they are gone).

I STILL WANT A HU-LA-HOOP!:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hAUWyp0qzs


No comments:

Post a Comment