October 25, 2012

Random Thought for Thursday 10/25/12

Within the next 24 hours, I will be in Detroit.

I am not going for the World Series (that would be Saturday night, when I'll have moved on to Toledo).

I am not going to willingly participate in Devil's Night activity (and, with Halloween in the middle of the week, does anyone know if the arson kids in that abandoned city will light up on the weekend before the holiday or the weekend after -- or, more likely I realize now -- on both)?!

I am not going to inquire of the Detroit-ians whether their true feelings were represented in the recent debates by either candidate (of course, by the end of the bar crawl, politics might be a conversation starter ...)

I am not going for work (although that was the reason for the one and only time previously that I was in this city).

I am not going to stalk Eminem on Eight Mile Road (although I think the google map directions do take me curiously close to that area).

Nope ... I am just getting away for the weekend to Toledo and back (reason to be disclosed in posts this weekend) and choosing to stop by Detroit on the way!

Wish me luck (and safety ... and such)!

YOU CAN BUY THE TSHIRT!:
http://detroitfiretees.myshopify.com/collections/frontpage/products/devils-night-2012

8 MILE ROAD ... AS A METAPHOR:
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/life/movies/news/2002-11-07-8mile-cover_x.htm

THANKFULLY I BOOKED MY HOTEL BEFORE THEY WERE IN THE WORLD SERIES:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1384607-world-series-2012-detroit-tigers-will-bounce-back-in-a-big-way-in-game-2

No comments:

Post a Comment