October 25, 2012

Bonus Post: Thing 57

100 Things I've Always Wanted To Say But Never Did And Now Maybe Should Since The World Might Be Ending -->

Thing 57:

File this under love ya' like a brother, man ... but Kyle K, if the lights go out in 57 days and my life flashes before my eyes, you'll be in a lot of those scenes.  And, like any good movie, they'll flash with their own soundtrack (maybe a little sad Eddie Vedder singing "The End" from Backspacer?) ... cutting back and forth to an image of a bowling ball rolling down the side of the road in the middle of the night just by itself ... while I see images of you on your first roller coaster ride, or barely being able to reach out the window of McDonald's drive-thru, or  "resting" up in a tree at a Pearl Jam concert, or having Quantum Leap in the townhouse being interrupted by your jumpy legs (yes -- you had it BEFORE it was a recognized syndrome) ... I could go on and on and on ... but as the world ends, I'd have to finally forgive you for not naming child #3 Englebert as I suggested, and then I'd think of you and Sue and Ethan and Enya and Englebert/Quinn and how easy it's been to pick up and maintain our friendship even when I'm miles and miles away and only "check-in" once or twice a year.  Here's to you, Kid! 

No comments:

Post a Comment