October 24, 2012

Bonus Post: Thing 58

100 Things I've Always Wanted To Say But Never Did And Now Maybe Should Since The World Might Be Ending -->

Thing 58:

File this under confessions ... but if the apocalypse actually does happen in 58 days and I survive BUT I end up in one of those worlds as dramatically displayed on Falling Skies or The Walking Dead or those National Geographic Doomsday Prepper shows, there is more than a good chance that I'm going to have to be a vegetarian.  Look -- I like me some meat of just about every kind -- but I also don't think I'll be able to contribute to my food intake on my own if it involves looking in said meat-provider's eyes.  Maybe hunger will give me the ability to shoot and trap and hunt and fish and kill, but I think my best plan will be to form an alliance with someone who hasn't squashed that skill that all my forebears once had (but that I've clearly suppressed when I embraced my "softie" side).  And, in a hedge-betting strategy, I'll try to coordinate steak for the next 58 evening meals ... time to go update the shopping list!

No comments:

Post a Comment