September 25, 2012

Random Tune for Tuesday 9/25/12

And just like that -- vacation ends -- and the last big one for me in 2012 is done.

It's funny ... because I feel like I heard the first big hit from this group on the vacation I took when the year started, so it was kind of a kismet-ic bookend that I gravitated toward their latest release on this last trip.

To be fair, I'm still trying to put it all together -- the lyrics seem to speak to dealing with some kind of family betrayal, and the Civil War reenactment in the video spins it all a new way -- but, for me, the bottom line is I like the whole mash-up of self-evaluating call to action angry-man lyrics with epic Queen-ian pop-song-in-multiple-movement flourishes all powered by that Tusk-esque drum line that has always worked to get me revved up.

Which, by the way, is how I also would have described their first hit (We Are Young), so maybe it's the whole pattern of their songs that I'm liking.  If that mix of musical mash makes your motors run as well, then ... enjoy the latest fun tune from fun.

WHAT DO I STAND FOR ... SOMETIMES I DON'T KNOW ...:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQkBeOisNM0


No comments:

Post a Comment