September 25, 2012

Bonus Post: Thing 87

100 Things I've Always Wanted To Say But Never Did And Now Maybe Should Since The World Might Be Ending -->

Thing 87:

File this under confessions ... but I once tried to eat a whole 20 nuggets by myself in one sitting.  It was a long long time ago, but the image still haunts me, and that feeling when I got to nugget 17 and a half and I just couldn't take another bite of mc-whatever-makes-up-that-chicken-ish-"delight" because my stomach had started to turn took over.  If I was Catholic, I could probably accompany this with a Hail Mary or two (or throw a Hail Mary or two ... I always get them mixed up), but since I was raised Methodist, I just know that Jesus forgives me for this old act of gluttony.  Or maybe Jesus would have told me that the secret would have been to use different sauces to get all 20 to go down.  No -- probably not -- just that he forgives me and, since we're talking about fast food chicken in this scenario (Jesus and I), that he thinks I should never eat at a restaurant where the chicken is cooked from a place of hate, despite what others may say using his name to bolster their bigotry.  Yep, that feels more like what he'd say.

No comments:

Post a Comment