September 24, 2012

Bonus Post: Thing 88

100 Things I've Always Wanted To Say But Never Did And Now Maybe Should Since The World Might Be Ending -->

Thing 88:

File this under a desire to just go on the record about something ... but I like Ronald Reagan and always have.  After all, you never forget your first, and although I was technically born a few months before Watergate and spent my earliest years unaware of Nixon and Ford and Carter (well I can vaguely recall Carter 'cause my dad's wife of that time had a distant distant relative who was one of the Iranian hostages or something like that) ... it's Ronnie who was the first president about whom I was really aware.  And I know with retrospection, there were some questionable calls now ascribed to him (or to Nancy as he aged -- Contras and ignoring AIDS and all that), but I think it all comes down to being fond of his Great Communicator persona.  Or maybe it was just that puppet of him that Phil Collins had in that video.  Either way, I'm glad I got to relive it all with the recent 100th birthday hoopla before this world ends in 88 days (allegedly).

No comments:

Post a Comment