September 23, 2012

Random Scandal Sheet for Sunday 9/23/12

What Southern Florida is talking about this week:

Turns out there's an election going on!

I say that somewhat cheekily as, thanks to Facebook, I clearly know where many of my FB connections stand and I do get exposed to an eyeful of opinions. By the way -- and I'm not going to engage in debate about either candidate -- but I will say that I expect everyone who so virulently expresses his or her side on the web to actually vote.  After all, it's easy to complain or gripe or even to go the other way and try to inspire others on the internet -- but you best be on the correct side of the voter participation rate if you want me to give anything you say any respect whatsoever.

But I digress -- my point is that, coming from an uncontested state to this state of vacation that is part of the electoral math puzzle, I actually get to see the commercials that the candidates and super-pacs are funding (including the hot button one from Jewish Republicans for Romney concerned about Iran/Israeli relations, nuclear bombs, and an upcoming apocalypse about which maybe the Mayans were tipped off).

Something tells me it's going to be a heck of a next six weeks!  Hopefully we'll all still be here (and maybe still be FB connections) when it's all over ...

AND ... HERE WE GO!  START THE COUNTDOWN TO THE END OF THE WORLD!:
http://www.postonpolitics.com/2012/09/romney-surrogates-accuse-obama-of-slighting-israel-mimimizing-libya-deaths/

IN VOTING MATH, JUST ANOTHER GROUP TO WHICH CANDIDATES PANDER:
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/07/28/is-israel-mitt-romney-s-new-swing-state.html

WATCHING THE VOTE IN FLORIDA (last presented for the primaries there ...):
http://enight.dos.state.fl.us/

 

No comments:

Post a Comment