September 29, 2012

Random Posting for Penn State 9/29/12

Here are nine Nittany nuggets from today's game!

1.)  My calendar always confuses me this time of year, as I always list this game as PState lll or PState Ill.  Just sayin'.
2.)  Here in Chitown, this is the closest they get to me (except for when they play NU at their home stadium like last year).
3.)  All of that talk of "turnovers" during an 11am (CST) game sure did make me hungry for brunch.  Thanks Illinois.
4.)  I will admit -- I still have no idea what a Spider3 Y Banana is ... so I'll leave that up to greater men (or those who x-box and can figure out how to conduct that play).
5.)  Illinois -- please don't hit our kicker.  He's all we got.  Really.  He is.  (Love ya Ficken -- keep on improving!)
6.)  Illinois -- please don't try to decapitate our players in the end zone.  That's just not nice.  And it'll get you ejected from the game!
7.)  Of course everyone took the high road, but as a fan, I'm glad to have won this "grudge" match.  That's what you get for aggressively recruiting after our scandal.
8.)  I've said it before and I'll say it again.  Now that the players have their names prominently displayed, I still giggle every time I catch a glimpse of Stankiewich.  Makes me smile every time.
9.)  99.5 yards as the half comes to a close and no points!  Can't we get a few just for that effort.  Never mind -- turns out it didn't matter.  Burn!

In closing, thank you announcermen for suggesting that O'Brien be seriously considered for coach of the year in light of the class he's displayed in overcoming unbelievable odds in this historic year of Penn State ball ... and the countdown to our next post-season game in 2016 stands at 55 more games!

[Note:  In honor of the Sandusky scandal victims who came forward, remember that RAINN's National Sexual Assault Hotline is 1.800.656.HOPE(4673).]

ON SPIDERS AND BANANAS:

EJECTED!:

OTHERS CAN TAKE THE HIGH ROAD, I'M SAYING "IT FELT GOOD TODAY":

No comments:

Post a Comment