September 28, 2012

Bonus Post: Thing 84

100 Things I've Always Wanted To Say But Never Did And Now Maybe Should Since The World Might Be Ending -->

Thing 84:

File this under great appreciation ... but if the world really is ending in 84 days, then I need to schedule time to re-read the Susan S Cooper "Dark is Rising" series.  These five books were the Harry Potter of my prepubescence -- inspiring my imagination with its tales of good vs evil, painting such vivid imagery as the powers battled across the English countryside, making me think that I might be one of the "old ones" myself who had the special powers who could get lost from normal life into things much greater, and turning Greensleeves into my most favorite haunting melody ever.  A lifelong love affair with books may have been started with this series -- but it is certain that an imagination that just won't quit was birthed upon reading them.  To the world of Will Stanton -- here I come again!

No comments:

Post a Comment