September 28, 2012

Random Flashback for Friday 9/28/12

Okay ... I promised -- this is the last picture of my "long goodbye" to Lebanon from twenty years ago.  This is still the after party I mentioned last week ... at, what was back then, the newly remodeled East Lebanon Dairy Queen ... and these are my co-workers from Hills circa 1992.  (I was transferring my Hills job in Lebanon to my Hills job in Uniontown PA while I pursued a theater internship.)

And I wouldn't return again until late summer of '93, when I resumed my LVC education (well -- I wouldn't return to live, but I sure would visit a lot even while I was out in western PA).

Two things -- first of all, unlike the cake from a few weeks ago, this was definitely classic chocolate with peanut butter icing (which we clearly snuck into the corner of the DQ) and second of all, what a classic good bye picture on which to leave this suite of memories -- everyone laughing so hard that it was bringing some to tears.  Those were the carefree days ... how I miss them (and my co-workers)!

And if you're reading this, I hope that you surround yourself with people who "let go in laughter" as well -- it feels quite good.


No comments:

Post a Comment