September 27, 2012

Bonus Post: Thing 85

100 Things I've Always Wanted To Say But Never Did And Now Maybe Should Since The World Might Be Ending -->

Thing 85:

File this under the OPPOSITE of famous cartoonist Charles M. Schulz's quote that “ ... big sisters are the crab grass in the lawn of life ..." (you know Lucy had to come from somewhere, right?) ... but oldest sister Bonnie B, thanks so much for being a part of my life.  From the stories of the early days where you declared that I was your child to take care of when I first came home from the hospital, through to the late 80's when I got to visit so frequently when you (and family) were in Schuylkill Haven and especially that trip to St. Louis I got to take since moving to Chicago for Tyler's graduation, I want to say thanks for all of that -- and for saving my baby blanket and giving it to me a few years back as so much of my early years stuff (memories and such) vanished in the divorce drama.  I regret that I didn't get a chance to connect with you this past summer when I was in PA (even more so if the world is ending in 85 days after all), but I did want to be sure to say, for a family like ours that is so scattered so we don't get to say it very often -- I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment