September 22, 2012

Random Posting for Penn State 9/22/12

Here are nine Nittany nuggets from today's game!

1.)  Thank you ESPN2 for airing today's game, and thank you my vacation resort for carrying ESPN2.
2.)  Pardon me Mr. Announcer Man, as I did not catch your name -- but I do understand that you used to be in the NFL, as you stated that fact after every drive.
3.)  Fera -- sorry to hear about your groin injury from Mr. Announcer Man.  (That's it, nothing snarky ... just a little sympathy for your penis area.)
4.)  Mike Z -- sorry to hear about your deep thigh bruise.  Although it's painful, you'd probably prefer that to a groin injury, eh?
5.)  Poor Temple -- they will have to wait another year to see if they can do again what they last did in 1941.
6.)  Poor Temple -- stuck with an owl for a mascot.  I might have a different opinion if I was a field mouse, but I just don't picture the owl as the most menacing of birds (not that they didn't try to toughen up the costume, but in the process, it looks like some kind of owl from outer space).
7.)  Poor Temple -- according to the graphic on the screen, they almost lost football as a school sport.
8.)  Rumor has it that Sweet Caroline might no longer be on the gameday playlist as it includes the scream along lyrics "touching you .. touching me".  I keep on listening for it in the background, but I haven't heard it yet (although I have heard it frequently out in the Florida bars while on vacation).
9.)  I will admit to confusion over "Moseby" Felder, as he was referred to during today's game.  I assumed Moseby was his first name (turns out it's Brandon, and that's his hyphenated last name) and so I expected him to look more like a relative of Dwight Schrute instead of Chris Brown.

In closing, thank you Laura March and Stuart Shapiro for starting the blue out tradition ... and the countdown to our next post-season game in 2016 stands at 56 more games!

[Note:  In honor of the Sandusky scandal victims who came forward, remember that RAINN's National Sexual Assault Hotline is 1.800.656.HOPE(4673).]

THE BLUE OUT -- A NEW TIMELY TRADITION:

HOOTER T OWL -- AN OWL FROM OUTER SPACE:

FAMOUS TEMPLE ALUM:

No comments:

Post a Comment