September 21, 2012

Bonus Post: Thing 91

100 Things I've Always Wanted To Say But Never Did And Now Maybe Should Since The World Might Be Ending -->

Thing 91:

File this under bet you didn't know the influence you had over me ... but my mom's boyfriend (maybe named Jack?) from when I was in first grade and living with her in Schuylkill Haven for a few months because I was a pawn in my father's wife's game of jealousy related to the whole divorce/shared custody thing, you might not remember me but I really really enjoyed the day you babysat me and took me to the VFW for the afternoon, where I got to play the old fashioned bowling game with the mechanical pins that dropped down and the puck that I threw down the sawdusted game surface.  So many many years later, my favorite way to start a night of drinking is to head into a bar and play a few rounds of bowling (or Golden Tee ... or darts) to help me get my buzz on.  [I even found a classic retro bowling machine game in a bar in Pittsburgh!]  Thanks again, my mom's boyfriend (maybe named Jack?)!

No comments:

Post a Comment