September 14, 2012

Random Flashback for Friday 9/14/12

What's a party without cake!

Or, to date this accurately ... what's a 20 year old party without a 20 year old cake!  Wait a minute -- it wasn't that the cake was 20 years old at the time we ate it so much as this picture is from that going away party held for me as I left Hills (and Lebanon) for western PA parts in 1992.

I'm not sure what's under that icing (red velvet?  chocolate?  carrot?), but who am I kidding, it's not like I would have turned a piece of cake away regardless of what kind it was (either 20 years ago, or now, for that matter).

And the best part -- it's decorated with all the names of all my coworkers back then -- a snapshot of hometown Lebanon folks who worked at Hills that summer.  There's Kristi and Millie and all kinds of other people (the rest I haven't found on FB or they haven't found me yet)!

As for the "homey" ... let's just say that I was leaving halfway through the run of "In Living Color" on FOX, so everyone was a "homey" back then!


No comments:

Post a Comment