September 18, 2012

Bonus Post: Thing 94

100 Things I've Always Wanted To Say But Never Did And Now Maybe Should Since The World Might Be Ending -->

Thing 94:

File this under love ya' like a brother, man ... but if the Mayans were right and I never see you again because the world ends in 94 days, Jarrod S -- you should know how happy I am to have had you be a part of my life.  You gave me my first real nickname, connected me with those who became my closest friends, provided me a place to crash on that first night I ran away from home, and survived living with me at the townhouse in the early party days.  There's a lot of "water under our bridge" over the years, but there's only one Depeche Mode concert where I could've gotten them to say Happy Birthday to you if I wanted to, only one set of math quizzes designed to torment your high school admirer and only one surprise letter from the local hospital about test results for tests you never took.  Here's to you -- signed, goon.

No comments:

Post a Comment