September 29, 2012

Bonus Post: Thing 83

100 Things I've Always Wanted To Say But Never Did And Now Maybe Should Since The World Might Be Ending -->

Thing 83:

File this under "look ma, I went and got myself a career" ... but if the world is ending in 83 days, I should probably stop and thank those who have shaped my work life once I became an adult.  Over the years I've had tons of jobs (auction runner at Green Dragon and Roots, helper at a pig farm, voiceover provider at a cable ad channel, waiter, caterer, cashier, actor and yes, even a hamburger flipper -- to name just a few), but when it comes to settling down and actually getting a career, I've had just one.  Since 2004, I've been an employee of Kaplan Test Prep.  And the person who had the foresight to see what a great fit it would make for me and who hired me when I came in to interview after seeing a help wanted ad in the classified section of the Sunday paper (gasp -- how old am I?!?), was Andrew L.  He's since gone on to great things (and a different business unit) and so we've lost work touch, but thanks erstwhile boss, for starting me on my first real career path!

No comments:

Post a Comment