July 25, 2012

Random Wordplay for Wednesday 7/25/12

I'm taking Batman back.

Used in a sentence ... "I am so sick of the media twisting all things Bat-related into something evil, so I'm taking Batman back."

That means I'm taking it back from bloviating blowhards who thought they could insert the name of  the latest movie villain into the political discourse and imply that this film was subliminal campaign messaging.

And I'm taking it back from the mentally unstable who used it to mask the horrific actions that they undertook at that midnight showing in Aurora (and my thoughts are with those who lost loved ones, and with those who are still struggling to recover).  So much has been said about "the look" that he had in the courtroom the other day -- but has anyone figured out that it was "the look" of someone who thought he was smarter than everybody else and is now facing the reality that he isn't.

And I'm taking it back for fans everywhere.  You might recognize the photo above if you've visited me at any time in the last twenty years -- they are the giant posterboard images that once hung over the Hills in Uniontown PA (that's Catwoman and the Penguin peeking out from behind Michael Keaton's jaw in the BatCowl) that have decorated some spot in my domicile since acquiring them in 1992 ... or the display in the picture below of my ever expanding collection.  It's true -- I may be "touched" in my own way in that I have such a BatCollection, but I do so out of respect for the iconic characters and messages that are part and parcel of the BatLegend.

Ever since I was little and the TV show was on after school to entertain me and shape my psyche (I've railed against special guest villains at different times in my personal life -- and I think that there's something almost comforting about knowing who's good and who's evil as you navigate life's crises), I've had a special place for the BatUniverse.

So all you who attempt to besmirch all things Bat are now on notice ... I'm taking Batman back -- and you -- Limbaugh and Holmes and anyone else -- you should just shut the hell up about it.

AS THIS ANALYSIS CONCLUDES ... "PANTS ON FIRE" (i.e.  LIAR LIAR):
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2012/jul/18/rush-limbaugh/rush-limbaugh-claims-link-between-batmans-bane-and/

A DANGEROUS WEBSITE FOR ME:
http://www.batvault.com/


CLASSY MOVE, BRUCE WAYNE:
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/entertainment/2012/07/christian-bale-visits-aurora-colo-shooting-victims/


No comments:

Post a Comment