July 26, 2012

Random Thought for Thursday 7/26/12

NOBODY PUTS BABY IN A CORNER
(unless there's an empty box in said corner, and then Baby puts herself in a corner quite contentedly)

or

CAT CONFUSION PRESENTED IN THE STYLE OF MATHEMATICAL PROOF

Axiom #1:  I like to sing along to songs.  (Yep, I'm that guy that you come rolling up on at the red light who is blasting the music and signing right along at the top of his lungs, allowing the volume of the music to cover up the fact that I may or may not be singing along in tune.  It's why I love those long drives across many states -- I can put a concert on for myself).

Axiom #2:  Baby lives with me.  (She's in the picture, having spent the whole day happily in that box, rolled up in a ball sleeping except for when she posed for the photo.  Now that Mauler's passed and there are just two cats in the apartment, she automatically takes the mantle of the "old lady" in the house, at approximately 15 years of age).

Axiom #3:  A lot of songs have "Baby" in the lyrics.  (Not to an excess, like in little Justin Bieber's hit [which I don't think I'd necessarily be singing along to anyway], but very frequently in a lot of different tunes.)

Theorem:  It is confusing for her when I get in a singalong mood and she hears her name said so frequently and so randomly, as evidenced by her quizzical looks that get sent my way during those occasions.

[Forgive me if I forgot the exact style of mathematical proofing.  My excuse is that I had Unified Math in high school and spent most of my time learning z-clock arithmetic ...]

FUN HIGH SCHOOL MEMORIES OF UNIFIED MATH:
http://www.bymath.com/studyguide/geo/sec/geo1.htm

HEAR THE SWAYZE SAY IT LIKE HE MEANS IT:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28A9Jgo92GQ

A SHORT LIST OF SONGS THAT, IF I SING ALONG, CONFUSE THE CAT:
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_songs_contain_the_word_baby_in_their_lyrics

No comments:

Post a Comment